Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Farewell to Mediocrity

Resolve this day to do your best,
For if a thing is worth doing it is worth doing well
No matter what you do be it big or small
Its done by you , say it proudly standing tall

Its easy to do the right thing in public, when all will judge
Difficult when you are alone, only have your Conscience as a judge
For if you lie to yourself , even though none see you
How can you be true to others, when you dont know the real you

Let me always speak up for what I believe is Right
Though it be against the opinion of the majority as it might
What care I for ridicule, contempt or slight
My eyes are opened, they still search for light

O God ,May I never judge a person on factors extraneous
What matters to me his race ,his creed , the colour of his face
As long as his heart is in the right place
Tis the only way out of this hideous maze


*Inspired by Dr A P J Abdul Kalam's "Ignited Minds"

No comments: