Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Broken Reed

I never knew how much you meant to me
till the day you bid me goodbye finally
Your smiling face would brighten up my day
Just one look and nothing more to say

Pour out my troubles to you and become calm
You would listen to me and be like soothing balm
I set you free , like I heard the the bard in the poem say
You never came back, no one told me it ends this way

I know Iam impulsive and you should have too
Never should have taken my words at face value
I should have listened to the wise man who said
Better to lose a new joke than an old friend

What to regret now , alone must mourn my loss
If I could turn the clock back, I wish alas
Can you give me one more chance baby , just one
I have learnt from my mistakes, will never let you run

No comments: