Monday, September 18, 2006

If Wishes Were Horses

I never believed in love at first sight
Till I first saw her in the morning light

She was sitting by the cliffs
A gentle smile playing on her lips

Struck dumb I was , couldnt utter a sound
What could I tell this angel whom I had found

A gift of the Gods, for me made
She is another's , my mind forbade

Another place , another time , some other age maybe
The look of love in her eyes would have been for me

Forbidden it was , I knew, even to think of her
What to do alas,I alone knew my deepest desire

Sitting in judgement , my conscience sneers
Where do I hide from mine own fears

A glance from her and I would have taken on the world,
Faithless she was, she put me to the sword

Yet,I realize , maybe twas no fault of her
That more than me she loved another

Better than me in more ways than one
He laid his claim fair and won

Beaten by love, beaten by fate
Tied by my mad heart to the stake

No place to run , nowhere to hide
If wishes were horses, Beggars would ride

No comments: