Thursday, January 04, 2007

Why Tragedy is King

The question's been posed to me before - why do your stories always seem to end in someone dying. I frankly dont know. There is something about death, about sadness that happiness can never match.

I offer to you these beautiful lines from a song by Don Mclean in homage of Vincent Van Gogh who committed suicide in a fit of depression.

Now I understand
what you tried to say to me
how you suffered for your sanity
how you tried to set them free
they would not listen they did not know how
perhaps they'll listen now

For they could not love you
but still your love was true
and when no hope was left inside
on that starry starry night
You took your life as lovers often do
But I could have told you,Vincent
this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you


I rest my case.

1 comment:

Anurag said...

i guess because more than happiness most of us are plagued by sadness.
n its not bout the quantity.
its bout the fact that when we are happy, its ok. it was meant to be. but when we are sad, we start contemplating, start complaining etc etc.
but then i beleive happiness shld be the theme of life.